Thursday, September 07, 2006

In the driver's seat

Today we officially took over for the team we are replacing. They will be here for a few more days, but we will now take care of casualties. The team before us did a great job during a very busy time. I can't tell you how much better life is with all the email, comments, pictures, videos from my friends and family. While I am far away I really feel like I am back home when I get to see and hear everyone almost every day. Trevor and Madison started school today and you can see some school pics on our families website (link on the right of this page), I think Tyler starts next week. They both got to get up in front of their class and talk about their dad being in Iraq. Madison was cute, she told the class her dad joined the Navy before he knew about the war...I gues she was right. Trevor had to explain that I was not fighting in the war, but I was taking care of the wounded. Tyler, of course, had no idea I was even gone, asking Debbie today where I was.I am so proud of the way Debbie and the kids have handled my deployment so far, it is definitely harder on them than it is on me.

Big plans tomorrow morning at 0430 to watch the first NFL game. TV here is actually pretty good, especially for sports. I get to watch Sporscenter every morning at 0900 (I know you are surprised) and they carry just about every major sporting event. I am really pumped for the Texas vs. Ohio St game this weekend!!

I hope all is well with everyone back home. Take care.

3 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

go horns!
go familia brown!

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what's "busy" like over there? - how many people are coming through in a day? - how does that compare with LA? - what are the injuries? - please advise - Spong

 
At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Los...hope all continues to go well. Hurry back.---Greg Rives

 

Post a Comment

<< Home