Friday, September 01, 2006

Arrived safe and sound

Arrived to Camp Ramadi early this AM. Dark, loud, fast, low and unbelievably exhilarating! That was my helo flight over. Pitch black except the glow of the instrument panel, two marines with 50-caliber machine guns out each side window, and the houselights of the city of Ramadi below. Amazing how much it looked like suburban America from the sky. Anyway, I am at my final destination in Ramadi. No address yet, but I'll send by email when I get it. The previous post has some pictures and I'll probably post more later today.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got in okay. But what's with all the smiles in the photos on the runway--you look like The Monkey, who by the way must be stopped. (Did I already say that?) - Spong

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this monkey business?

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Trapper said...

Monkey is Spong's pet name for young Tyler. And yes, he must be stopped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home